Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 9, 2012


Randi (He "drew" my name in cool little letters at the top of the page.)


HEY RANDI! SO THIS LETTER IS PROLLY GOING TO TAKE FOREVER TO WRITE CAUSE I’M GOING TO TRY TO DO IT ALL IN CAPS! I FEEL I WRITE CLEANER THIS WAY. ANYWAY, HOW ARE THINGS GOING? BRYAN DONE WITH OVERTIME & ALL OF THAT CRAZINESS? HOW ARE THE GIRLS? TINA CRAWLING YET? HERE’S A SCRIPTURE FOR YA, I’M GONNA CHANGE A FEW WORDS THOUGH. “NOW WHEN OUR HEARTS WERE DEPRESSED, AND WE WERE ABOUT TO TURN BACK, BEHOLD, THE LORD COMFORTED US, AND SAID: GO AMONGST THY [CHILDREN], [MICHELLE & TINA], AND BEAR WITH PATIENCE THINE AFFLICTIONS, AND I WILL GIVE UNTO YOU SUCCESS,” (ALMA 26:27). THEN YOU COULD READ D&C 61:36-37 JUST FOR FUNZIES.
** 36 And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you;
 37 And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours.**
BUT ANYWAY, THINGS ARE GOING WELL! THANKS FOR THE PACKAGES. THE 4TH OF JULY ONE WAS PRETTY GOOD! I’LL HAVE SOME VIDEO & PICTURES OF THINGS WE GOT TO DO ON THE 4TH THAT I WILL SEND YOUR WAY OR SOMETHING. SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE SOME FUN! DID YOU GUYS EVEN DO ANYTHING? AT LEAST WATCH A FIREWORK SHOW? HOPEFULLY NOT ALL OF MY FAMILY WERE LOSERS. ALRIGHT, IT’S BEEN ALMOST AN HOUR & I’M ONLY RIGHT HERE & THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET SLOPPY. So! Back to my old ways. Not that they are any better but it sure is a whole heck-a-ton faster!

So, in two weeks, on the 20th, the Hutchinsons will be getting baptized! The ** dad has had all, if not most of his concerns resolved. He will be performing the ordinance for all 4 of them! Super exciting. The kid Kasey that we had been teaching won’t talk to us anymore because of the pressure he was receiving from his family, which sucks big time. Jeff  S* has quit drinking but still has a few habits to kick. We have a few potential investigators we have gotten ahold of so now it’s just being able to actually sit down & talk with them so we can teach them! People are super flaky with new things. This one girl, Samantha, reminds me so much of Chelci. I only met her for 2 or 3 minutes but the way she looks & her attitude is kind of similar. Hopefully she is just as solid as Chelci was! But that’s about it, as far as investigators go.

We just had interview with our Mission President this last Friday & those went really well. I talked to him about a few things & he told me “I would have to put on a hat I’ve worn before.” By that he meant be the leader even though I’m still technically the junior companion. So, it has been fun trying to that for this past week.  He also told me, because of my fear of overstepping bounds, to “do what is right, let the consequence follow.” Who’da thunk!

Well, I hate to use this sheet of paper for so little writing but, luckily, it’s the most important part! I love you Rand. I miss you. I miss all the Blowfish too. I hope all of you are doing well & seeing more of each other.

~Elder Daniel Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment