Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Love Everyone

The greatest lesson I learned while in the MTC is to love everyone. If you remember I was called to be the district leader there and I had a few things, nothing major, that I had the opportunity to do. Amongst those was to watch over and care for those within our district. I always felt I had to be a little more tender towards the Sisters there and that I wouldn't have to worry so much about the Elders. There were a few people that I was able to help, I feel, in that capacity. I had the chance to give a blessing to a Sister there and she said it helped. I would give a training during our District Meetings and I felt that those helped also. But I had the chance to see a couple of missionaries really struggle. Really have their testimonies tried. A companionship felt they needed to go home and re-think things. I never thought I could feel such love for someone until that night. One Elder was so thoroughly convinced he was going home. He had gone home at 5 and wouldnt talk to anyone nor would he get out of his bed. Everyone left the room, not by invitation, and he and I were the only ones there. I told him how much I loved him. I told him how much he needed to be out on a mission and how much Our Father in Heaven needed him to be on a mission. I don't believe I have ever said a more heartfelt prayer than I did that night.

Looking back, Love was what I learned. I could feel my Savior's love for him. So if I had to give one piece of advice to anyone it would be to love EVERYONE. It's gonna be hard and it's going to take time. But as we do that we can truly see as He sees. We will be so much more in tune with His will and we will be able to help His children return to Him again.

-Elder Daniel Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment