Saturday, November 26, 2011

First Area - Phoenix! 17 November 2011

Hey Mom -


Arizona is beautiful this time of year.  My flight went great.  The first day here was really like a last-minute training course.  The following day I met my new companion/trainer/"father" as it's called here in the mission field.  He has been out for 10 1/2 months and I am his first "son".  We are in an apartment by ourselves so we will really get to know one another.  We went shopping for a few groceries for myself, which, by the way, I bought Honey Nut Cheerios before I opened the box of my stuff you shipped.  Thank you for the Reese's Puffs though.  After shopping we went and picked up my bike, dropped off everything at the apartment (luggage, bike, groceries etc) then we started to plan for a few investigators and less active families.  We went out later that night and we taught them!  It was a lot of fun!  I didn't get to say a whole lot, I don't think Elder Gibbon's trusts me yet but, that will come over time.  When planning earlier we both had ideas on how best to approach these families and he used all of my ideas so that made me feel good.  I just didn't get to share much while we were there.


I love and miss all of you.  I pray everything is going well.


Love, Elder Peterson


P.S... I need my helmet.  I left it on the bench in the garage!


Daniel's New Address
Elder Peterson
4411 E. Chandler Blvd. #1070
Phoenix, AZ  85048

No comments:

Post a Comment