Saturday, November 26, 2011

MTC Update - 03 November 2011

Hi Family -


I love the MTC and my companion (Elder Friley) and I get along really well.  We have similar thoughts and ideas on how to handle certain investigator situations so that's comforting.  I've grown to love my calling as District Leader.  I do believe I was called to this position for a reason.  Today I was able to do almost everything that this calling requires of me.  I met with every elder in the district and was able to resolve a few issues.  I met with the Branch President, President Gray, and talked about some of those issues as well as a few other things that needed to be discussed.  We met as a district and said a few things that needed to be said and invited the Spirit to be with us as we all studied.  I was even able to exercise my Priesthood authority in giving a blessing to a sister missionary that was in need of comfort.  The experience reminded me of Chelci's confirmation.  The Spirit was so strong.  The sister missionaries companion took some notes on what was said in the blessing and I feel that what the Spirit dictated really helped her.  It's a huge comfort and honor to me that she chose me to provide the blessing from the Lord.  Also, to know that I am living worthy for the Spirit to work through me.  


I love you all.


Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment