Monday, June 11, 2012

E-Mail #2 March 26, 2012


Hey Kiddos!

So, I am now in Show Low Arizona! It's up in the Mountains which is super legit! I was down in the Valley for the winter where it gets like, 50 at the lowest, and now I am up in the Mountains where it gets 90 at the most! And even then thats only like a week out of the entire summer. It's fantastic. I lucked out. But, things are going well! The area is super beautiful and the people are kind of weird. We were in a lesson and the mom and dad ran out in the middle of it, grabbed their rifles, and ran after some coyotes in their backyard. That was funny. And then later in that same lesson (the two girls we were there for are mentally handicapped) one of the girls stopped the lesson and said "If you wear black after Easter than you're white trash... Only white trash and Indians steal." It was Hilarious!! Luckily I wasnt the only one laughing. The parents thought it was funny too. But, yeah... it was good stuff. There was another lesson that we were headed too and when we were walking up to the house, Elder Koons (My new comp.) showed me their garage first. You look inside and what do you see? Take a guess? PLEASE take a guess... It is FULL of marijuana plants! The guy grows his own medicinal marijuana. It was hilarious to see! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Apparently it's legal or something for him to do it. It was just a weird thing to even think about. The work is kind of slow here, compared to Ahwatukee which is something I will have to get used to. They make more member visits than we do potentials and everything because everything is so spread out that we would be driving for hours to contact just 6 names! It's like having missionaries in Jessica's neck of the woods.. except in the mountains.
So, everything is going well. Not a whole lot has happened just yet but, I will send a few pictures home soon so that you have them. I am a dingleberry and left my camera back at our place. So if i dont get physical pictures in the mail this week, you will definitely get them next p-day.
I love you all and miss you much!
~ Elder Daniel Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment