Tuesday, June 19, 2012

E-Mail April 2, 2012


Hey Kiddos!

What did everyone think of Conference? What was your favorite talk? I think mine was the one where they were saying that we should write our missionaries and send physical letters rather than e-mails because then it gives them something tangible to hold onto and cherish. But that's just me. What about you?! =P

Haha, No, I had a few talks that I really liked. There were a couple by Uchtdorf that I absolutely loved. I wish I could write fast enough to jot down everything he said! President Eyring gave a really good talk in the Saturday Morning session. He talked about how we need to build and solidify our foundation of faith. That service towards other will do just that, to the point where it may become unshakeable. Elder Holland gave a great talk that morning as well. I love his talks because almost always he uses a few exclamatory sentences that really get us to better our lives. But, in this talk he posed the question, "Why should you be jealous because I (The Lord) choose to be kind?" I love that! We sometimes look at others, even within our own families, and we may want something that the other has. Whether it be a physical blessing or a spiritual blessing, God has given to us what He has so that we can grow to live in His presence again. Maybe there is something we need to figure out before He will bless us with that attribute? Or maybe we simply need to ask for it ourselves. Elder Holland later said that "God enjoys most being merciful." I believe that to be true! He gives us things we have not asked for. He has given us that which we have asked for. We have been given so much in the course of our lives, why would we not "impart of our substance" unto those who are in need. In Mosiah, King Benjamin tells his people just that. If He, who has given us all we have, why would we not give to those who ask of us? We are the way that God blesses us. We are the "small and simple" that bring to pass His marvelous work. We should help His work move along by providing service for those that we come in contact with. We should also move His work along by teaching our families of the Gospel. All of Saturday session I could not help but hear anything else. "The Family is the most important unit in time and all eternity." Boyd K. Packer, Cheryl A. Esplin, Donald L. Hallstrom, Paul E. Koelliker, Dallin H. Oaks, Robert D. Hales, and Quentin L. Cook, ALL touched on the subject, just to name a few... And that was just on Saturday! President Eyring, last general conference, made the statement that if something is repeated, it is probably important. As I looked back on my experiences within the family, I came to this conclusion. My family has prepared me for my previous callings in the Church as well as to serve my mission; my mission is now preparing me for my callings in the Church yet to come and for the family I will have in the future.
How important are families? Very. There is nothing we do that we cant bring back to the topic of family.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for preparing me in the various ways, to serve my mission and become who I am.

I know that Heavenly Father lives and that He wants ALL of His children to return to Him. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are now able to do just that. I know that the Holy Spirit will guide us in all that we do if we just live a life where he is invited in. I love you and miss you all.
~Elder Daniel Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment