Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 10, 2012

Hey Pa!

Elder Woerner just gave me a couple of pens & this one was a different color so I thought I would use it! Although it's super leaky so... New pen! This one is kinda the same way but not as bad. Anyway, how have things been? How many times have you seen The Avengers now? Haha, I heard it is one of the best movies people have seen in a long time.


Things have been going okay up here. (Much better pen.) I know if I say what I want to say next I will hear about it on Monday but... The Lord must be trying to teach me patience and obedience while I'm up here. The work has been slow. We only have a couple of people we are teaching & even then they aren't really going anywhere. Because of that we have been a little more lax on things. I know that's not right & I am working on getting back into the right gear. It just gets super monotonous trying to get a hold of the same people everyday. Luckily we have had a lot of service opportunities lately to break up the monotony of it all.


We have one guy named Kasey that just fell off date for his baptism because he feels like he needs to continue to get a feel for things before he is ready. It would help if he would come to church more often! Agh, urks me. Elder Woerner says I worry about it too much but, I don't know. Then there's the Hutchinson family, 3 of 7 are already members so we have been working with 4 of them. Only big issue with that is the dad used to be super Agnostic so he has all thses crazy concerns, now that he is coming back into activity, that  trinkle down to two of the older kids. He won't set foot in a temple because of the Angel Moroni on top of them. "Those are graven images! The scriptures specifically say, 'No graven images!'" He kills me. Anyway, these are really the only people we are teaching right now.


A couple of other things have happened these past few weeks but nothing too exciting. I branded/castrated cows. Got to try Rocky Mountain Oysters *if you don't know what that is, Google it!*, not so great, and while on exchanges locked ourselves out of the trailer we were staying in, so we had to break in. Besides that we have just done a lot of service lately. Nothing too big to report on.


I hope everything is going well with/at the Peterson household. I lov eyou Pa. Miss you too. Hope to hear from you soon!


~ Elder Daniel Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment